Sunday 26 August 2012

Buttonholes Made of Lego


Here are 2 out of 11 button holes I need to make, We're doing them for immediate family mostly. Groom, Best man, Usher, Usher/driver, Brides brother 1, Brides brother 2, Grooms sister 1, Grooms sister 2, Father of Groom, Mother of Groom and Mother of Bride.

One Lego flower stem with one leaf was trimmed down to button hole appropriate size. You can find out how I put these together here if you haven't already seen!


The next step was to wrap the mini Lego flower stem in florist tape, I used a blob of hot glue on the flower and poked the wire through the hole. Once wrapped both flowers needed bending forward so they would face out when worn.


Then all that was left was to put the mini Lego flower in position, I liked it against the leaf, then wrapped the wire around the main flower stem. Then finally wrapping them together with florist tape to finish it off.


And there we have it, Lego flower buttonhole.

Grooms buttonhole as in the first picture at the top will have two mini Lego flowers, the rest of the men will have one as pictured above. And I think for the women I'll add a little blue ribbon to the stem just to girly it up a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopped by and liked what you saw? Leave a comment and let me know! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...